Wednesday, September 3, 2008

#14 Library Thing

My link to Library Thing is http://www.librarything.com/home/lcoddingtonnjh
I had a great time exploring this site. It's a little cumbersome at first learning how it works. But it's very easy to search for and add books. I love it that there are free book covers available too! After creating a small library I looked at how many other people selected those books. I was surprised by the range. The Angel Experiment had 1264 other members and Silverfin only had 11. It's fun to read other member's reviews, look at similar books to my selections and see the tags associated with those books. This site has great potential for use in my library with my students. I could create a library just for my school and have students view it for recommended reads.

No comments: