Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thing #20 Facebook and Myspace

I can't believe I have created a Facebook profile, but I have. I've already found a few "friends" and set up a picture. It's amazing how quickly you can get connected. It's a really fast way to see what's new in people's lives and it's easy to add information. I joined the Library 2.0 Interest Group. I think it will be another good way to see what's going on in the 2.0 and library world. I think Facebook is growing and so popular because it's rewarding to be part of a group and be connected to others and it's easy. I looked at the Hennepin Cty. Myspace page. They have different book discussions, you can search the library catalog, and get general info on library events. I'd rather visit the Hennepin Cty library's website rather than their Myspace page, but it's another way to interact with people.

No comments: