Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thing #17 ELM Productivity Tools

I was surprised by the things you can do with these databases. The search alert feature can save time and keep a person up to date on certain topics. I think I could benefit from emails of articles related to school libraries. People could use this as a time efficient way to develop professionally. The Page Composer in Ebsco makes creating a web page really easy. This could be used for class projects or introducing students or teachers to making a web page. The buttons on the left side of the screen are clear enough for even the less tech savvy people. Netlibrary's feature of taking notes in an e-book is useful, if you prefer to do things electronically. I think it's a good idea, but if people don't make a habit of using Netlibrary, it would be easy to forget about the notes you took. Proquest's My Research tab is great for collaborating and sharing articles with fellow teachers. Of all the tools I learned about with this activity, I liked the search alert the best because it can save me time and keep me informed.

No comments: