Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thing #19 Podcasts

I enjoyed browsing several podcasting websites. I listened to a podcast from the St. Cloud School Media podcast site, browsed the podcasts on the Education Podcast directory, and looked at the MN public radio podcasts. I linked podcasts from John Piper's Desiring God to my Google Reader account. He has weekly sermons that are podcasts. I was impressed with how easy it is to record a podcast with Gcast. Podcasts are one more way to learn and stay up to date on information, so it's a matter of whether it's my preferred way to do that. I think I still prefer to watch the news rather than listen to it, but for road trips or to multitask, I think I could see using podcasts. Podcasts could also be a great way for students to create projects with a different media format. There are enough free online tools to make this a very possible project to do in the classroom.

No comments: