Friday, August 22, 2008

Thing # 13: Online Productivity Tools

I chose to set up a start page with iGoogle. It was really easy to select the things I wanted. There are tons of choices! Who knew I could even have Cooking Light recipes posted for me daily? I like iGoogle because it's easy and because I already have a few other Google accounts so it'e easier to streamline things. I haven't decided yet if I will make it my homepage. This could be something that teachers would enjoy trying. I could show them how this works. I like the online calendar although I still would rely on my written planner (old fashioned but reliable!). It's hard to always have access to a computer when I need to get to a calendar. The To Do list sites are similar to the calendar. For me, I may not want to tie myself to a computer.

I think there are definite uses for students. They could use help with organizing and the Calendar and To Do lists would be good for them. But at the same time, many students at my school don't have computers at home so this may not be great for them.

Overall, these tools are great, but take time to set up and have to become part of your daily routine to make them worth it.

No comments: