Monday, August 4, 2008

Web 2.0 Communication Tools

My junior high library doesn't use email to communicate with students. However, staff use email frequently to communicate requests, ask questions, and get help from the media center. Our district may be giving students school email accounts this year which could open up possibilities for the library to utilize student email in the future. I think that the Web Reference tools that libraries are using are great resources. I've used the "Ask a Librarian" question/answer method for getting help with questions before. I do not text message or IM so I don't use those resources, but I think it's great to meet people where they are at with technology. I plan to attend a webinar through Minitex this week on the Gale K12 database offerings.

No comments: