Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thing #12 Do you Digg?

I think these news article sharing sites could be used in my school through social studies classes. Quite often they use current event articles in class and maybe they could create an assignment that involves one of these sharing sites. For the junior high student I don't think Digg and Mixx and the other sites are really going to be used a lot. I think they'd find it interesting, but reading news articles just isn't really a common hobby for that age group! Also, it's very easy to get side-tracked by articles that don't really have importance to what you were looking for. This could be a drawback for use in the classroom. Personally, I found the concept interesting and I can see why it's popular. But it kind of reminds me of Google Reader where I can get the latest posts from blogs in one place.

No comments: