Monday, July 14, 2008

RSS Feeds

I really like this invention! I have heard of RSS feeds before but never bothered trying them out. So I opened an account with Google Reader and I have already added several feeds on news, school library info, and cooking (for fun!). I liked the tool in Google Reader that allows you to add a subscription by typing in a few words about the blog. It searches and pulls up blogs with those search terms in it and you can click to add the blogs you want. It's very easy to organize your feeds into different folders too.

This technology will help me to stay up to date on the news in my profession and save me time. I will be reading blogs more often now that I have them all compiled in one place. And I can just quickly skim the new additions on each blog without taking a lot of time.

Doug Johnson has a list of blogs that he reads so I checked that list out. I selected a few good school library blogs from his list. This was a great resource to help me narrow down my choices. You can find this list at doug-johnson.squarespace.com/blogsiread.

No comments: