Monday, July 21, 2008

Flickr

I created an account with Flickr and uploaded a photo, added a tag to it and marked it as public. Then I sent it to my blog to be posted there. The directions are really clear and walked me through each step. It's not too difficult!!!! And I feel like I did something cool.

How can I use Flickr in the library at my school? The only thing I can think of is to post pictures of the library and/or of books. I could take a picture of several book covers and create a group of these pictures on Flickr. Then I could link the book cover pictures to my media center website and students could look at those photos to help them select a book to check out. Perhaps students could even comment on the books they've read!?!

I also have used Picasa and Shutterfly to create web albums and share photos with friends and family. Each photo sharing website has a few unique features, but basically they are similar.

Hmmm.... I may have to look into this idea of using Flickr to promote books to students!!!

No comments: